Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sleep Apnea test...over!

Sleep Apnea test went well. It was just like I thought it would be, well sorta. I thought it was going to be a big center, but it was tiny. When I got there the other 2 people there were already asleep. The one thing that I didn't like was there was only one doctor there. Don't get me wrong, there is no need for someone else to be there, but I personally would of liked a nurse or someone of the same sex there also. To me the doctor that was there was weird and I got a creepy feeling from him.

When I got there I chnaged into my Pj's and he sat me down on a chair and started to hook me up with all the wires. At first I didn't think it was that bad, but then the more wired up I got the more uncomfy I knew the night was going to be. I got them but all over my head, then he started on my face. I hate things touching my face when I sleep so that is the part I hated. I also had to wear this thing in my nose that went down into my mouth to monitor my breathing. When I got into bed he put what I call "ET" on my finger. If anyone was ever in the hospital you know what I am talking about, it clips on and measures your oxygen level. That had to stay on all night. Seriously, how is anyone supposed to get a good night sleep all hooked up! To make matters worse, every time I would try to get comfortable and move my legs the creeper doctor would have to come in and fix the monitors on my legs. It was driving me insane because it always happened right as I was drifting off to sleep. I did eventually get to sleep and everything was okay. Creeper The Doctor came in around 6am and woke me up. I then had to fill out paper work on how well I thought I slept. I wanted to write down "it would of been better if you left me alone." Of course I didn't write that...but I am thankful it is over. I just hope that I passed the test, I should know in a week or two because the last thing I want to do is have to go back there for a night. If I would have to I think I might cry. LOL. seriously.

Just in case you are curious what a person looks like before they go to sleep at a sleep apnea test, I had to snap a picture and send it to all my friends/family for a good laugh. I thought I would share!



  1. Hi Nikki.... i can relate i just went two weeks ago for my Sleep Apnea test. it was exactly as you said it was except i had a girl hook me all up. I slept terrible kinda like i was sleeping but still awake... aware of what i was doing. listening if i snored or stopped breathing. So the dreaded happened to me..... my doctor called me on Monday and said i need to go back again and have another sleep over but this time they will hook me up to the C-pap breathing machine. Fun Wow.... i am so dreading it. As if once wasn't bad enough i have to do it twice.

    My surgery isn't scheduled yet either. I already had my psychological evaluation and next is my visit to the nutritionist. I'm from Buffalo, NY where are you?

  2. Oh wow, thank you for your response. I am in Pittsburgh Pa. My surgery should be in November. I go for my psych evaluation on Sept 22nd...and they said I might have a date for surgery then too! I am so excited. It is like this whole life changing event that I cant wait for! :)